This long horizontal image can be used as an Instagram swipe bait. Or, in our case it was used as a pagination in the signup/login flow in the ShopBack app.
Pay anyway you like with the card you linked on ShopBack GO: tap, swipe, Apple Pay, Google Pay.
ShopBack GO reward you every time you pay with a linked card
How to use ShopBack app
Find the online store you want to shop
Click through the store to shop as normal
After purchase, receive Cashback into your Cashback
We just revamped the ShopBack App. The new app has a new architecture that would power us to cater for greater needs in future. Lot's of good things to come! Woohoo!
If you do not know about ShopBack, it is a cashback shopping platform in South East Asia, that recommends the best deals and stores to you with cash rewards. Checkout the app on Playstore and App Store
Using humble, friendly message, simple and light illustration to communicate to our users.
Category icons used in our mobile app. We minimalized the styles and shapes so that they are easily recognizable when placed 5 in one row on the mobile screen.
An old prototype for app onboarding and signup login.
The goal of each revamp of onboarding flow is to ease the education learning curve and accelerate signup journey without compromising on trust building.
We had made efforts to simplify both feature walkthrough and signup/login flow.
Checkout my article on An Error-free On-boarding Flow
A while ago we tried something different for app onboarding. Rather than the traditional horizontal swipable feature walkthrough, which requires multiple tapping to go through, we simplified the interaction with this animated logo display, and one tap to "Get Started".
Playing with old unused illustrations.
ShopBack is a Cashback tool which awards you with cash when you shop online through it. It can be accessed through:
- Website: Click through from ShopBack website to redirect to an online merchant, shop as normal to get Cashback
- App: ShopBack mobile app creates a seamless experience for you to shop with Cashback on the go. Available on iOS and Android.
- Extension: ShopBack Buddy is the browser extension that reminds you to use ShopBack when you shop online. Never worry about missing a good deal.
Things to note when designing for empty state:
1. Have some graphic that makes the situation less disappointing. Talk with a fun personality if you can.
2. Avoid user-unfriendly words like " cannot" "unable" "fail 😱" "error 😱" "wrong 😱" .
3. Be reasonable. Explain possible reasons.
4. Be helpful. Suggest solutions.
5. Be straightforward. Give one and only one button that most likely can get out from here.
Trying to convince people to update their app without revealing too much or sounding like a sales person.
Mockup for a web project that I did a while ago. It was not used though.
To create a simple, flat style, light colors and less graphic elements are used.